Monday, June 18, 2018

Heart be still


Heart be still
Trouble me no more
your nagging insistence
ever drags me to the fore

I've had enough
of this thing called love
I've had enough
of fools folly in search of

I've felt this before
so long it has been
once more into my life
to wreak havoc again

For years I was content
to deny love's caress
For years so fortunate
that for me none did fluoresce

A year ago we met
I felt the flame
But hesitant in my action
I feared the game

Then joy when I saw her
as again she came through the door
heart beaming, mind racing
a love rekindled once more

Finding my courage
I invited her out
she accepted, I dumbfounded
but fear was I without

I thought she felt the same
or so I thought
But always that nagging
was it all for naught?

For me the flame lit early
for her it was not so
she was not ready
For what my heart would bestow

Did I surmise
in the knowing of my pain
that pursuing this one
was a fools errand in vain?

For she was not ready
my feelings unrestrained
Loving eyes from me
would only cause both pain?

Pain for both
sadly it is so
love unrequited
A feeling hated 
yet so well I know

I go down this road no longer
my solitude I must reclaim
Not her fault not mine
simply victims of the game

She might have met me
if the past didn't hold her so
a pain in her so deeply felt
she could never forego

She told me of loves before
of dreams lost in the fray
How solitude she now sought
while she pushed me away

Maybe in the future she said
a chance the flame
but for now it was no
she would coldly abstain

But love in my eyes I could never hide
friendship would always strain
Expectation, desire
in me rising again

  The flame will burn, that won't change
but the pain of it will subside
My life now familiar yet strange
another love has died.

I thought we'd conquer worlds 
But from WE must I now refrain
Once more I seek to master them alone
and From love I will abstain.



No comments :

Post a Comment