Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Honesty




I'm not sure honesty is the best policy anymore.  I'm not sure that's what anybody really wants.

To be honest is to accept the burden of it. 

Nobody wants to live a lie but so too does anyone want to know everything.   It's just too much too soon.

Truth is something meant to be unfolded over time with actions supporting the words.  There are no shortcuts.


I know....


Words have power but action gives them substance.  Honest intent, honest action needs no words.

The most honest response is often silence.

What causes more pain, an unkind word or silent indifference?

What causes more joy, a compliment or a warm embrace?

Honesty isn't really the problem, however,  it's trying to use words so often inadequate to the task.

Honesty can exact a heavy price.  One often paid alone.

Lies have no value, deception offers no refuge.  Don't misunderstand, I don't advocate them here.

But too much honesty robs the future, destroys the magic and....

Everything in moderation or so they say.  

"If only I'd known"  A decision to deny an outcome that only resulted in the very outcome feared. 

A reason for honesty that resulted in a different kind of pain.  One I brought on myself.

Live in the moment, don't try to fashion the next.  Take the light where its offered instead of demanding it appear.

If only I'd followed my own counsel.  

Now I'm adrift.  Unsure what to trust, unsure if I care.  

In times like these all that's left is to search out the light and let it guide me.

It'll have to be enough.

It's all I really have if I'm honest with myself.  

Heart Be Still....

No comments :

Post a Comment