Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Sometimes I feel...

  

I have to admit....

It's a really good song...

I picked this particular video not just for the sound quality which I admit could be better but for the lyrics set in time to it.

In case you haven't noticed, the past few posts have had music videos embedded in them that either match the tone of what I'm trying to say or the message.  Sometimes both.

This one is a little scary but the truth always is.

I kind of feel like the guy who'd be singing this song.  I mean other than Phil Collins.  I meant it figuratively.  Try to stay with me here...

I guess if I was feeling that way  I should take the hint...Which is kind of the point of the song.

OK, I'll pause for the group DUH!

Go ahead, I'll wait...


<tap> <tap> <tap>                     (sound of my impatient foot)



Thing is, I've been around long enough to know that I've never gotten anywhere by just giving up.

Especially when things like assumptions, expectations and fear are involved.

...and they all have been.

You end up in this place.

Hell, I ended up at this place...





WE, all of us, end up in this kind of place not because of anything WE did.  All the arguing, blame, mistrust is just symptomatic.

Fear

That's why we're here.  Fear robs the future, clouds the present and denies reason.  Fear stays with you until you face it.  It lives in the shadows coiled like a serpent waiting to strike.

But the serpent has no fangs other than those you provide.

To give up is easy. Just tell yourself it's the other person's fault and pat those self-fulfilling prophecies on the back as you sow the seeds of regret. 

Regret loves a quitter.

To resolve to try even if it means putting it in God's hands is hard.

So here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to be who I am.  I'm going to be true to myself no matter what.  I'm not making assumptions, reading between any lines or expecting anything. 

Most importantly, I won't quit on anything or anybody I believe in.   

And yes, sometimes that means stepping out of the picture for awhile when they need space.  If they need me I'm there.

The only failure is to betray that and I'll be damned if I'll make my life any harder than it already is.

I've said it before, I won't be set up to fail...by anyone

...including myself.

Which means I'm not entertaining any more turmoil, any more doubt, any more regrets.

Regret is about the path not taken.  A child of fear and an embrace of the shadows. 

If I don't know that I've done all that I could do then I reap the harvest of regret.

If I try and fail there's no shame so long as I tried.

So let's get back to the context of this post.

I go all in.  I have to.  I've got to know that I am doing and have done all I can do to succeed.  Even if it looks like I'm not doing much, I'm just leaving an opening.   

Sometimes you've just got to leave some room for the divine.

So no matter what, there is and will be no regret here. 

Ensure that you can say the same.

My wish for all of you...

Heart be....alright!


No comments :

Post a Comment